tirsdag 7. august 2012

# 4 - About me, about you or about God?

?


A little funny «thing» has happened to my blog. It came up in Norwegian with the «Om meg». That means «About me». When I saw the Norwegian expression, I thought that seeking people outside of Norway, wouldn't understand that and I wrote «About me» as a heading for the «Om meg – section». I recently noticed that while doing so every input on my blog is signed as written by «About me». He, he ...., really a big joke, because I, Benthe, want this blog to be about God.

I could change it, couldn't I? I don't want to. Why? Well, I'll try to explain: God is, as we say in the Creed, one God in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It is not three gods, but one God consisting of three persons in relationship with each other. God is infinite. That means that we cannot set three gods aside of each other and say that here is our God in thee persons. If this could be done than God wouldn't be infinite because infinite means that He is TOTAL. If we have one god + another god + still another, none of them could be infinite. God is infinite, like a family joined tight together! Jesus himself explains it this way: «If you had known me, you would without doubt have known my Father also: and from henceforth you shall know him, and you have seen him» (Jn 14:7).

For a deeper explanation of the relationship between Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the one infinite God, it might be wise to start reading: «Catholic for a Reason: Scripture and the Mystery of the Family of God» by Scott Hahn and Leon J. Suprenant.

The infinite God in three persons is the perfect example of perfect united self-giving relationship.

I suppose that you are reading this blog either because you are looking for some advice to a person that is about to fall away from the catholic faith, - because you yourself is at the border of falling away or perhaps you already have fallen away, but feel some strange longing for something that you cannot define, - or may be you are not satisfied with your place in a protestant church ...

Here comes the little blunder about the posts signed «About me» into the picture. To find God and to develop a close relationship to Him, is about us. Of course it's about Gods grace, Gods invitation, but it all end up with if we are willing to give a total YES to the invitation to be in relationship with God or not. If we say "yes", our relationship whit Him will not be perfect because we are not perfect. Only God is perfect, but our YES will be the beginning of a relationship that one day will  lead us to the gate of Heaven and will end in Perfect Holiness, if we are willing to stay in the relationship with God whatever happen to us.

Next time you find a text written by «About me», please don't think about Benthe, but upon yourself.

Ask yourself questions about what is it about me that is either holding me back or helping me to a closer relationship with God?

Such a question is the most appropriate question you can ask because it places the responsibility were it ought to be: at you! Only you can use the will that God has given you to chose Him or something or somebody else...

PS. 17. of August 2012, I have decided to use my name, Benthe, intead of the "About me", as you probably have noticed already. It became too difficult for the readers with the "About me" only. Have to make it easy for the readers you know. DS.

 



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar