mandag 10. september 2012

#16 – The stumbling of Benedict Groeschel.

I will continue to discuss the other questions from blogpost #3 (2012), but I think there is a little «potato» that has to be looked upon while it's still a little hot.

According to The New York Times, N.Y. Region, (2012, August 30) we can read that Rev. Benedict Groeschel has said something very unpleasant when it comes to child-abuse. I have two of his books in my bookshelf. To be honest I felt for throwing them out of the window, when I read that he blamed (perhaps unintentionally) the victims for being abused at a program at EWTN (a catholic TV station).

Revered Groeschel isn't only a priest. He is also a psychologist. Knowing that some of the abused people might have their life destroyed for the rest of their life, I cannot say that I felt happy about this. A psychologist shall not leave utterances that makes the victim the one who is to blame. Many priests have protested too.

He did apologize the next day. N.Y. Times wrote: «“I did not intend to blame the victim,” Father Groeschel wrote in a statement published on The Catholic Register’s site. “A priest (or anyone else) who abuses a minor is always wrong and is always responsible. My mind and my way of expressing myself are not as clear as they used to be.”»

This about «mind and my way of expressing myself are not as clear as they used to be» made me think of Sirach 3:12-13; «My son, help thy father in his age, and grieve him not as long as he liveth. And if his understanding fail, have patience with him; and despise him not when thou art in thy full strength».

Father Groeschel is really old. A man who has used his whole life to help people are not to be «thrown away» in his old life when he isn't so clear in his thinking as he was. I'm sure the devil is laughing because of this: «The old Groeschel have made a mistake. He, He ..... Nobody will read or benefit from his books now! Ho, Ho ...».

Well there is an old saying that the one who laughs last, laughs best!!

Before I recommend the two books I talked about I will link you to Mark Shea's prayer request for Revered Benedict Groeschel:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markshea/2012/08/prayers-for-fr-benedict-groeschel.html

The books that I have read and highly will recommend, written by Rev. Benedict Groeschel, when his thoughts were clear as crystal, are these:

«Arise from Darkness: What to Do When Life Doesn't Make Sense» by Benedict J. Groeschel.

 

«Stumbling Blocks or Stepping Stones: Spiritual Answers to Psychological Questions» by Benedict J. Groeschel.


Have a nice day!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar